COSMO AF is a simple and economic solution for waterproofing and protection. It is a one component , low viscosity , polyurethane fluid which cures with the humidity in the atmosphere to produce a highly elastic membrane with strong adhesion to many types of surfaces.
It is based on pure elastomeric hydrophobic polyurethane resin plus special inorganic fillers, which result in excellent mechanical, chemical , thermal , UV and natural element resistance properties.
Apply with brush, roller or airless spraying in two coats. Minimum total consumption: 1.2-1.5 kg/m2
CE:ETA-04/0082. See table below
Waterproofing and protection of :
- Gypsum and cement boards ,
- Tiles (under) ,
- Bathrooms ,
- Roofs ,
- Light roofing made of metal or fibrous cement ,
- Asphalt membranes.
- As the main waterproofing membrane in car park waterproofing systems.
25 kg .
Not recommended for:
- Unsound substrates ,
- Waterproofing of swimming pool surfaces in contact with chemically treated water.
- When used in dark colours for exposed use, a protective topcoat of COSMO TOP COAT 440 (always pigmented) is required.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- No thinning is required but pure xylene may be used.
- Excellent weather and UV resistance. The white colour reflects much of the solar energy and so reduces the internal temperature of buildings considerably.
- Excellent thermal resistance, the product never turns soft. Max service temperature 80 oC, max shock temperature 200 oC.
- Resistance in the cold: The film remains elastic even down to – 40 oC.
- Excellent mechanical properties.
- Good chemical resistance.
- Non-toxic after full cure.
- Water vapor transmission:The film breathes so there is no accumulation of humidity under the coat.