COSMO DUOFLEX 1K is a quick-curing , one component, thixotropic, bitumen-extended polyurethane fluid. It produces a hydrophobic, elastic membrane with very strong adhesion to most types of substrates , as well as bituminous , and excellent mechanical and chemical resistance properties. It is ideal for application on vertical surfaces: No running , no bubbling.
It is based on pure elastomeric hydrophobic polyurethane resin and is extended with chemically polymerised virgin bitumen.
The product complies with the EU guideline for this type of materials, ΕΟΤΑ Organization of Technical Approval).
Waterproofing and protection of:
- Gypsum and cement boards,
- Asphalt membranes (for repair also),
- Cementitious substrates,
- Light roofing made of metal or fibrous cement,
- Closed spaces with high humidity.
Not recommended for unsound substrates.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Thixotropic: Easily applied on vertical surfaces and complex shapes without running or bubbling.
- Fast curing.
- Excellent adhesion on almost any type of surface, with or without the use of special primers.
- No thinning is required but pure xylene may be used.
- Excellent thermal resistance, the product never turns soft. Max service temperature 80 oC, max shock temperature 150 oC.
- Resistance in the cold:The film remains elastic even down to -40 oC.
- Outstanding mechanical properties, high elongation, tensile and tear strength, high abrasion resistance.
- Excellent chemical resistance.
- Effective humidity barrier