COSMO™ Sealing Tape 8777 is a self-adhered, waterproof membrane designed for sealing on difficult to stick to surfaces. This product has a unique acrylic pressure sensitive adhesive that aggressively sticks and stays stuck both at lower and higher application temperatures. The proprietary backing seals around hand driven nails and staples to prevent moisture intrusion. This backing is tough, resists punctures and tears, yet it is thin and conformable to fit conveniently into corners.
- Many factors beyond Cosmo’s control and uniquely within user’s knowledge and control can affect the use and performance of a Cosmo product in a particular application.
- Given the variety of factors that can affect the use and performance of a Cosmo product, user is solely responsible for evaluating the Cosmo product and determining whether it is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for user’s method of application
Backing : Proprietary film
Adhesive : Acrylic
Liner : Heavy paper, split
Color : Tan
Standard Roll Length : 75 feet (22.8m)
- Nail Sealability:Passes ASTM E331/547 (per AAMA 711-07,Annex 1) both before and after thermal cycling.
- Meets the criteria to contribute to the Environmental Quality (‘‘EQ’’) Credit 4.1:Low-Emitting Materials:Adhesives& Sealants under the United States Green Building Council’s Rating System for New Construction&Major Renovations (LEED-NC) , Version 2.2,Coreand Shell (LEED-CS), Version 2.0, and Commercial Interiors (LEED-CI), Version 2.0.
- High tack adhesive sticks and stays stuck to many difficult to stick to surfaces.
- Unique adhesive adheres to damp surfaces.
- Adhesive provides an unique combination of both cold temperature and hot temperature adhesion to most substrates.
- No adhesive melting or staining in summer heat.
- Proprietary backing seals around nails and staples to prevent moisture instrusion.
- Unique backing is thin and conformable to conveniently fit into corners.
- Tough backing resists punctures and tears during application.
- Resists UV exposure for up to 6 months.
- Can be installed at temperatures as low as 0°F (-18°C) and as warm as 120°F (49°C).
- Compatible with many building sealants:No adverse reaction with synthetic rubber,butlyl,polyurethane,silicone and silane terminated hybrid sealants.
- Split release liner provides fast application with easy and
- Accurate positioning of the tape